Current Available Positions
Conway Christian School
Mission Statement and Primary Objective
Conway Christian’s mission is to partner with Christian families in a biblically-directed, college preparatory education focused on equipping students to serve and impact the world for Jesus Christ. Our primary objective is to educate students in the daily pursuit of excellence in academics, arts and athletics while preparing them with the necessary life skills pertaining to the mind, body and spirit.
Employee Position: Cafeteria Staff
Reports to: Business Manager
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Spiritually Conway Christian employees must possess:
1) A strong, clear Christian testimony accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour,
2) Acceptance without any reservation of the school’s Christian Community Statement,
3) A mature, godly spirit willing to mentor and be mentored,
4) A person of prayer and studying God’s word, and
5) An active participant in a locally historical Christian church.
Personally the employee must reflect:
1) A lifestyle of biblical integrity and witness defined by the Christian Community Statement,
2) A willingness to dedicate, commit, remain flexible and responsive to school leadership, and
3) The ability to listen and respond to counsel from peers and authority
1) Good organizational and verbal communication skills,
2) Ability to work with detailed information with accuracy, and
3) Must be punctual, a self-starter and have the ability to work independently and as a team member
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Works with business office staff to arrange lunch menu for student order placement;
2) Places orders with appropriate vendors for lunch orders according to reports provided by the business office, including ordering, arranging delivery/pickup of meals, verifying receipt of correct order, and reviewing and submitting invoices for remittance;
3) Serves lunches to students according to lunch order reports, having available an alternative lunch (such as sandwich supplies) for students present without a lunch;
4) Arranges for volunteers to assist with serving and clean up on both campuses;
5) Manages inventory for all lunch items including paper products, utensils, and supplemental food items and submit purchase requisitions, as needed;
6) Performs routine functions such as clean lunch tables and service area, wash dishes, properly store any unused food items, and other necessary tasks to ensure a clean and proficient lunch service; and
7) Performs related duties as assigned by Business Manager.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
The employee must speak English fluently and have the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Work performed by the employee requires standing, walking, stooping, bending, crouching, pushing, grasping, reaching, and lifting/carrying up to 30 pounds. The employee works on a daily basis with food warming equipment and/or ovens that can cause injury, including burns, if not utilized properly.
The job can be stressful dealing with a wide variety of challenges including a loud work environment and time-critical demands.